(Written January 29, 2011)
So I am officially 35 years young and I’d like to bring in my 35th year by celebrating 35 of my favourite things and maybe make a birthday wish while I’m at it :) Here we go!
35 Things That Make Me Supa Dupa Happy :)
1. My life
2. Great photo shoots with my daughter!
3. My daughter
4. My kitties
5. My beloved friends and family
6. Being treated to dinner and being cooked for and other people’s leftovers
8. The sun
9. Water with lemon
10. Apple Martinis-extra sour!
11. My beautiful home
12. Collecting quotes
13. Facebook connections
14. Working at Mark’s Work Wearhouse
15. Watching videos on YouTube
16. Painted nails!
17. Kisses, intimacy, love, and tenderness
21. Freedom to express and be myself
22. Moments of clarity and insight
23. A good night’s sleep
24. Things on sale
25. Feedback on the work I do
27. Riding my bike
28. A great conversation and heart connections
29. Knowing I make a difference in the lives of others
30. Gel pens
31. Doing exactly what I love each day
32. Being at the Princess. Being in Waterloo.
33. Being supported and loved by so many
34. Writing notes
35. Being me.
I love how I live my life, I love who I’ve become, and I’m proud of all that I’ve accomplished thus far. I am acutely aware that not every body even makes it to 35 so I am incredibly grateful to be alive, period. Life is a gift that I try to celebrate as much as I can.
I guess if I take stock at this moment in time, I would note that I feel more beautiful than I have ever felt before. Happier and more at peace, as well. I really like how life has shaped me and I like how I responded to those shifts. I am in such a wonderful place in my life and I couldn't ask for more (except for my one wish). :)
But what the hell is up with people thinking 35 is old? Are you kidding? The earth is old. We are just babies, even at 100. I actually don't think of myself in terms of a number but I am proud to have made it this far at least. I think in terms of my depth and level of awareness. Like how much I've deepened over the past year and how much more I will deepen in years to come. That is my marker. That is how I determine my age. Not by numbers, but by substance.
35 feels like it’s going to be a marker year for me in every way. I think all of my hard work will soon pay off and one of my very special dreams will come true.
As for my birthday wish, there is only one thing I want this year: to meet and fall in love with my one and only. I have loved and loved deeply but I have yet to fall in love because I have yet to meet the one who is a fit on every level. No complaints though. I have been very blessed by the men in my life. It just wasn’t time and they just weren’t it.
But now I feel ready for my rainbow; kaleidoscope that I am.
Happy, happy birthday to me. May my delicious wish come true.